Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great lucinka 2007-07-27 0:06

Hello Hauke, what a great shot to enter your TE presence. Wonderful place, I'd like to hear more about the hotel that has such a view. I've also noticed that you've got Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 I wonder how is the lense, I currently have the 18-200mm and thinking about bying different lens with better light. I thought of Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 & Sigma APO 70-200mm f/2.8. What would be your recommendation? Thanks for your feedback on this and welcome on TE !! Looking forward to see more of beautiful photos from you. Lucie

Old 07-27-2007, 09:47 AM
TE Newbie

Default To lucinka: Sigma 17-70

Thanks for your nice welcome, Lucie.
I just had a look at some of your stunning work. You really travel a lot, don't you?

The hotel is called Hosteria Lago Pehoe. I have a photo of it on my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/madrarua/625569784

I really like the Sigma, it always gives me sharp shots and I am very happy with its colours.
I also find it to have a very useful range for landscapes. The one thing to remember is to avoid shooting 17mm wide open.
Have a look at my flickr galleries. most shots there were taken with the 17-70

However, I have never owned a more expensive lens. So if I had a Canon L lens, for example, I might look at the sigma differently.
I am only saying that because your photos are so good, you might want to consider a pro lens.

The Sigma APO 70-200mm f/2.8 sounds like a nice piece of kit
Old 07-27-2007, 10:20 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To lucinka: Sigma 17-70

Hello Hauke,

Thanks a million for your reply. That hotel is simply stunning and I've put it on my list of places to go when I go to Chile.

Thank you for your very kind words about my work and feedback about the lenses. I am currently considering what lenses to buy and getting those professional L lenses has crossed my mind.

Have a great day and I look forward to see more of your work here on TE.

Lucie