To SnapRJW: Surprise! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great SnapRJW 2015-01-28 2:36

Hello Will - Somehow seeing this shot from you comes as a surprise; I thought you were not that keen on views like this. It's really lovely. England at its rural best. The frame of trees and branches concentrates the view on the pretty little village nestled under the gentle fold of the hill. The light shines attractively and there are some glorious autumn tints to the foliage which are picked up again in the roof tops. Nicely done!

Warm regards

Rosemary

Old 01-28-2015, 10:32 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To SnapRJW: Surprise!

Hi Rosemary

I suppose you're right that this isn't really what I would call "my thing"; on the other hand, I'm not sure I know what my thing is! I wish I had a definable style sometimes. When I look through my image bank to select the next posting, I see all sorts, from picture postcard prettiness to hard, gritty social realism. It's the latter that I prefer, but find it a lot harder, more challenging. I think we're getting close to our previous discussion about photography of strangers in public: that's what I'd like to do more of, but I'm not sure I've got the bottle. Landscapes don't react!

Regards

Will
Old 01-28-2015, 12:10 PM
TE Expert

Smile I can relate to that

Hi Will - I know exactly what you mean, I also wish I had a definable style. I also like 'social commentary' type work and I agree it is hard to get the good shots. The thing about landscapes is that they (generally) don't get cross with me or move about