Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-15-2006, 10:38 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: MAGNUM - a new website

I dont agree. I think that Magnu still has very good things to offer. As any long running, big agency, yeah, you have your dinosaurs but Magnum still puts out good work. Granted, they put our garbage too like the one they did on Europe after the EU's expansion which was mostly really bad work.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Default "Your Magnum Photos Account has been Rejected"

...ah well.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:56 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: "Your Magnum Photos Account has been Rejected"

from anarchists to elitists........
Old 11-15-2006, 08:57 PM
TE Junior Member

I gave them an Australian email address but said I was Canadian... we'll see how this one works out. Don't see why they should restrict membership so severely. What if small individuals want to order prints from them?

I like the look of the new site and hope that the future content will live up to the new display environment but all these protocols and restrictions on who can access what is just rediculous. Photos are meant to be seen not hoarded and hidden.

Mike
Old 11-16-2006, 03:27 AM
TE Expert

Perhaps, if we go by the level of some of their recent work, they have a good reason to hide it?:) Just joking....
Old 11-17-2006, 12:39 PM
TE Junior Member

I logged in on last Monday with my old login name and working .. ai generally dont log out at all.. now after reading this thread i logged out and in .. it is working .. dont know any new registration is required or not ?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:04 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Everyone
I read with great interest the discussion in this particular thread about Magnum.

Yes indeed a new website was launched last week, and the rules for registration on the new website have been relaxed slightly to give more people access.

Basically, in order to search the image archive, you will need to register with valid email, address, phone number details etc.
If you provide false information, then there's a high chance that your account will be rejected. This is only fair, as we must protect the integrity of our service, which we hope you'll understand.

We've still got a lot of work to do to make the site perfect, but we're really keen to hear your feedback on the new website and how we can improve the whole experience.

In particular we'd love to hear about new products or services you'd like from us in the future?

Thanks for all your comments and feedback so far!

Best regards, Matthew
Old 11-22-2006, 06:39 AM
TE Expert

Heres the question: why? I mean why do you need my phone number so that I can look at the photos? They are already watermarked to death and about the size of a postage stamp. Who is going to steal a 300-250pix image with 20 watermarks? For what?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:40 AM
TE Expert

Although hey, I thinkwe should all be happy somebody from Magnum noticed our little site here.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:55 PM
TE Expert

Matthew wrote:
"Yes indeed a new website was launched last week, and the rules for registration on the new website have been relaxed slightly to give more people access."

Matt, I am not sure if the registration rules are more relaxed now, all I know that I could view the pictures before without any registration, and now I can only see them grouped together and way too small. Can't agree that this will get easier access, quite the contrary.

I have also registed over a week (with actual and proper info) ago and it's still pending, email states that you need more information, what info do you need? can't provide it to you if you don't tell me what you want.

Peter