Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2011-07-06 1:57

Hello Les,

I'm not quite sure hpw I missed this one when you first posted it - it's a stunner.

In my opinion, it's the lighting which makes this one. I suppose, by definition, that's true of every photograph, but here you have captured some very special light. Beautiful colours, composition and sharpness.

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. I love that sky but do I detect a little "noise" or "grain" in it? Did you use a high ISO for this one or did you use a tripod and a long exposure?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:19 AM
TE Junior Member

Exclamation To tyro: Dawn July 1st

Hello John, thanks for your critique,as regards the sky I used 400 ASA and shot without a tripod,which is possibly why it may suffer a bit in PP.At least that`s all I can think of.
Best regards Les.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:47 PM
TE Expert

Default I can't think of anything else either...........

Hi Les,

No, I can't think of anything else either. ISO 400 isn't that high - especially for Nikons which, as far as I have read, are probably the very best cameras for working at the higher ISO levels - generally considered superior to Canon and Sony in that regard.

But I have found that once you creep up to the higher ISO's, any attempt to brighten or darken a picture whose exposure isn't spot-on can accentuate "noise" or grain" - that was a point which Richard (Ricx) and myself agreed upon during one of our informal discussions during our weekend in Cumbria - over a few beers, of course!

Kind Regards,

John.

Tags
dawn, july