Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2018-11-14 11:31

Hello Claude,

Like Elvira, the idea of young children travelling alone is not something that pleases me but what I do love is the humour of your photograph, that the lady appears to be searching in her bag to find the missing child!

My warm regards,
Bev :-)

Old 11-15-2018, 08:05 AM
TE Expert

Location: I live in Pessac, city surburb of Bordeaux - France
Arrow To Royaldevon: traveling alone

But they are allways checked by someone, our grandson traveled from Nice to Bordeaux and then Paris to Manchester this way.
At the arrival,they check your ID to be sure you're the right person, and for the departure, you have to stay 1/2h at the airport after take off in case they return back.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:02 AM
TE Junior Member

Default travelling children

Hello Beverley and Claude,
I know that airport staff cares about children travelling unaccompanied, but I did not like the idea of a big display like in your photo drawing the attention on these children.
Claude, may I ask how old your grandson is? The eldest of my grandchildren is ten, and she would die with fear, if sent on a journey on her own.
Regards, Elvira
Old 11-15-2018, 01:07 PM
TE Expert

Hello Elvira and Claude,

I remember that I went by plane alone when I was 9 years old from Gdansk to Warsaw. And imagine the planes more than 60 years ago. I was quite happy. But I wouldn't like that my children or now granddaughter travelled like this.

Kind regards MAlgo
Old 11-15-2018, 02:22 PM
TE Expert

Location: I live in Pessac, city surburb of Bordeaux - France
Smile how old?

My grandson is used to travel 3 or 4 times a year by plane with his parents, so he is used to the embarkment procedure but once in April 2015 (he was to have 7 years old a month later), he travelled as UM (Unaccompanied minor) twice in a week, he was not scared at all, as we were not really anxious, provide we get and send details to his mother about the flight in order for him to be welcome after landing. In Charles De Gaulle, we skipped the queue at the counter....
Old 11-15-2018, 05:35 PM
TE Junior Member

Default anxious Grandmothers

hello all together,
very intresting thread !
Malgo, now you made me think for hours about the life you led in Poland in the fifties. For sure neither the airport in Gdansk nor in Warsaw were as crowded then as airports are today! Maybe your parents already knew then what you are : a bold and daring woman, keen on travelling the world. I had to wait until I could afford to pay the ticket, before I had the opportunity to go by plane.
And Claude, this young man of yours grows up and feels at home in Europe, not only in one country, that is good for our future!
Warm regards, as Bev often says (an exression not familiar to me)
Elvira