To joseelias: Thank you very much - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement joseelias 2007-02-01 8:49

This is a very interesting scene, with a good framing (the position of the cows and the farmer looking at us is very nice), but with severe problems regarding the quality of the photo editing (or eventually in the capture too).

The image needs more contrast to make the blacks really black, instead of the bluish/grey, and also the saturation of the colours need some work as they are a bit fluorescent.

If it weren稚 for image info I would have said that this image has been scanned from paper. My advice is for you to edit it again with an image editor program, because this typical scene deserves the effort.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:00 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To joseelias: Thank you very much

Dear Jose,

Hi, I have understood that you are a real expert and as you wrote the photo has been scanned from the paper. I will scan the photo again.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards
Koksal
Old 02-01-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: To joseelias: Thank you very much

Hi,

If it's possible for you, scan from the negative film (if you have it or you scan has that possibility) because the image will be better.

Still, you may need some post-processing to enhance some details of the image. I don't know if you have any photo editor, and if you don't, try to get one to help with the corrections.

There's a free one which is popular and has the basic tools like brightness, contrast, saturation, rotation, crop, etc. For a begginer it's very useful. Later if you're interested you may try more advanced programs.

It's called Picasa. Go to this link and try it:

http://picasa.google.com/