Has anyone else been having problems getting onto TE lately? - Page 8 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-22-2008, 04:58 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Inconsistency - Same same...

The good thing is that any comment one now gets is double valued! The comment itself and the sheer endurance of the person commenting, pushing that button time and time again...

In that sense, I'm sorry if I did not comment that much and I'm not that active lately... viewing a photograph and typing one critique on TrekEarth is about the same as viewing and critiqueing 5 photographs on Flickr.com...

By the way, if you're looking for me... My flickr account is also Dpbours ;-)
One of those other websites that I'm able to use with the speed of light....
Old 08-22-2008, 11:19 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Inconsistency

What I don't understand is - seems like members are consistently being ignored by the site owners/runners. Why do I think that's the case?
Well, pure because there's the Announcements section in this TE Forum, but no one (from above mentioned guys/girls) obviously have thought of starting a thread (i.e.) that would inform us/keep us updated about the server status.
I mean, hey, someone surely knows what is causing these problems and when the server is under maintenance!?

So far I was against people losing their temper quickly and announcing their leaving for other similar online communities... what's been going on here in the past few weeks has made me change my attitude towards these members and others who feel highly aggravated.

I'm not going to beg people to stay, but it won't come to me as a surprise if I see them leaving.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:15 AM
TE Senior Member

Default paint the house

We had an announcement from Kevin,
and for a while I thought the problem was solved . . . but I guess it is because I'm on the server when it is not so busy.
strange thing is . . . that when you go to internetbrands.com . . . and then to TE . . . it 'seemed' better when it was busy, for a few minutes . . . enough to log on and then realize . . . aaaah!
Then I thought to take a look at their other sites . . . they all worked normal . . . don't know what is slow or fast for them . . . but opening pages deeper in the sites wasn't as slow as TE.

I don't like to criticize people after 3 years of no complaints and a lot f fun. . . so I would like ask them if they can explain us a bit more what has happened . . . what is going on? . . . why is it only the trekgallery and not ModelsMayhem . . . if it is not the coffeemachine, what is it? . . . can I come back when I finished painting the house?
Come on guys . . . log on (just kidding . . .) and tell us :)
Old 08-23-2008, 07:30 AM
TE Senior Member

Default the internet is down

with thanks to scott Hale on TL . . . who has finally found the reason WHY we have so much time for our loved ones . . . the internet is down!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:18 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Has anyone else been having problems getting onto TE lat

I really wonder about this, Steve - this website is free for us, no one knows for sure if the administrators are busy with this site or with any other thing...

While travelling, I logged once or twice and the last week I had to give up in noisy internet caf駸 as it was so slow ; better now but still not very efficient : pity, I don't want to give up yet and go to Flickr right now but I recommended this site to various persons during my travel, probably will they not bother to have a look as it is often so slow !!

Still no answer or explanation from "above" ??? Everyone is wondering...
What can we do ?
Old 08-23-2008, 06:34 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Has anyone else been having problems ...

Je constate que TE commence devenir lent partir de 18 heures GMT et cela redevient normal vers 200 GMT, c'est normal compte tenu du nombre 駘ev de membres on line.
I note that TE starts to become slow as from 6 p.m. GMT and that becomes again normal towards 2.00 AM GMT, because many members are on line.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:58 PM
TE Expert

I noticed that, too. It was relatively fast much earlier, in the afternoon but now it's simply awful. Well... hopefully the phrase "All good things go eventually" won't be applied to this site, in the long run.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:22 PM
TE Junior Member

Its causing troubles here in India, too.
A few days earlier for hours hte screeen remained blank.
Today again its causing problems, now and then.
Where is the tech team dear Adamas?
Old 08-23-2008, 09:08 PM
TE Senior Member

TE has ben a bit IFFY here in South Carolina today, but I can't get on the TL at all. IF it comes up, the format is all screwey and I can't see any photos at all. I don't know if it's just me, but I gave up. This is ridiculous.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:52 PM
TE Expert

Strange TL is well for me in France