Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-30-2005, 11:43 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: How did you choose your user name?

Excellent thread ... another one of those TEA posts (TE Annonymous), where people try to discuss their personal experiences ... lols ... It is good to know other things than just the photos from our virtual community TE

Okay about my username ... There is really no catch ... My name is Sarju and it was an obvious choice to try finding that username ... but usually I do try to take username environ followed by some number (environ being short from environment, because I do like/try to care about the environment we are living in.

But on TE I could not get environ but since sarju worked and I had never been able to get sarju on any username ... I stuck with Sarju
Old 10-30-2005, 11:47 PM
TE Expert

I think environ is still available on TE .... I must have been way too excited with sarju to try the availability of environ
i have some environ usernames but no sarju username ... lols ... or maybe it was'nt available at that time
Old 10-31-2005, 12:02 AM
TE Expert

there is a whole story to it but short:

Met a ritshawman of Madurai on a bus to Kadaikanal, named Ochappan, we became good friends, he can't read or write, promised my self, damm I make that simple man known in the world, so the derivated name oochappan, happend to be the only one on the whole net.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:32 AM
TE Newbie

cause i love taking pictures :)
Old 10-31-2005, 07:05 AM
TE Senior Member

Kaj Nordstrom >> Kaj N >> kajenn

But I went via 'cayenne', which I used as a handle until I stumbled into a site or mail account where it was occupied.
At the same time I discovered that it wasn't pronounced as 'kajenn', which is the Swedish word for the cayenne pepper.

And it's pronounced just as Kaj N.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:35 AM

My story goes loooooooooooong back just like Viviane痴

In the 60痴 my parents got in love, married and in the 70痴 I was born. They called me Jos Elias!

So, when TE asked me for a nickname about thirty years later I had to find something meaningful, became creative and decided for joseelias!!!

For those still not getting it, I put Jos and Elias together to get the nick! Quite ingenious, no?

:o)))
Old 10-31-2005, 12:13 PM
TE Newbie

How I got my handle name? Well, to make a pretty long story short: After having used a nick for about 5 years in the online Gaming world, I felt the time was right to get a new one. At that point I was at an American Football game and saw a player that looked fierce, strong but still agile. This image of a player was very similar to the style of gameplay I produce. And the guy was called Yamada. So from that point on, I became known in the internet-game-scene as Yamada (Yammie or Yamster in short). I liked the name soo much, that I began to use it outside of gaming. And therefor my nick at TE is Yamada as well :)
In gaming land I changed my name again to Lovely_Forest_Elf, but that's just too long for any internetaccount, so whenever I need to register I stick to Yamada. Hope this makes a bit sence to non-gaming people.

Frank
Old 10-31-2005, 06:50 PM
TE Junior Member

鏑oupiot means 斗ittle wolf in French. It痴 the lovely and tender nickname given by my very kind mum when I was a child...
Old 10-31-2005, 07:00 PM
TE Junior Member

Oh, guess. ;o)

Digi - is digital camera
Mom - is my "occupation"
Put them together, and it's pretty close to that tv show, "Digimon - Digital Monsters" (in case you haven't heard of that), which my nephew was watching when I joined. Ta-da!

My husband came up with it. I probably would have tried to use just my name too. :o)
Old 10-31-2005, 07:12 PM
TE Expert

wowow! among all the stories, I prefer Jose`s and Malo`s.
Very "touchy"...

:D

And hard to imagine!
But I have my explanation about Malopes, "Malo" means bad, "P" photographer, and "Es" means "to be", in other words, ES UN FOTOGRAFO MALO, "He is a bad photographer!"

:D

K.