Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-22-2006, 05:19 AM
TE Expert

Default Sad News

I have been informed that longtime TE member Fernando Guedes Almeida (Galmeida) has passed away. Following is a message asked to be transmitted to TE members by paula:

"Our beloved Galmeida has no more possibility to share his photos, because God moved him to another plan. Today, 21 april 2006, he was found dead at his home. In spirit and through his photos he will be with us."

"Galmeida n縊 poder mais partilhar suas fotos conosco porque foi chamado a uma outra dimens縊. Ele continua vivo nas suas fotografias e no seu espirito de liberdade."

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends, and all those who had the privilege to know him here on TE and elsewhere.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:36 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Sad News

Thanks to you and Paula for letting us know, albeit very sad news, and maybe we can forward back to his family the condoleances of the whole TE community.

Herve
Old 04-22-2006, 07:20 AM
TE Expert

very sad news, my condolences.
Peter
Old 04-22-2006, 07:39 AM
TE Junior Member

That are sad news indeed,weエve lost a friend,my condolences.
Hermann
Old 04-22-2006, 07:40 AM
TE Junior Member

I am filled with sadness. Fernando and I had many interchanges and when he went to Sao Miguel, I recommended that he go to Lagoas Empadadas and Furnas. Later he wrote saying that Sao Miguel was beautiful and that LAgoas Empadadas were heaven.
Where ever he is now, I know he'll be marveling at the beauty of his new plane of existence and listening to beautiful music (and I'm certain there'll be an ocean with gorgeous waves there too).

a sua familia um abraco com os meus sentidos pesamos, embora nao conhecesse pessoalmente, considerava o amigo e estava com esperancas de conhecer em pessoa em Novembro quando regresso a Portugla na minha proxima visita.
Cristina Garaventa
Old 04-22-2006, 07:54 AM
TE Newbie

This is very sad news for me. I had so much in common with Fernando personnaly and with the love of photographing the town of Obidos, Portugal. He will be deeply missed. I just returned from a trip to Portugal and we were going to met but it just didn't work out this time. But we planned on meeting on my next visit.

It was a great pleasure to know someone of his status as a photographer and as a person.

God bless you Fernando.

Your friend always,
David (Retagger)..................
Old 04-22-2006, 08:56 AM
TE Expert

Today's a sad day..
All my thoughts go to his family and friends.
We lose a great member...
Old 04-22-2006, 09:46 AM
TE Senior Member

This is very sad news. My friend fernando is passed away. I will remember him as a very good friend a member who was respected through us as a family.
We lose a great member, he shall stay in our memory.
Goodbye my friend.
Jaap
Old 04-22-2006, 10:18 AM
TE Expert

Hello best friends on TE,

What a very sad news on this saturday morning, we know this man as very good friend op TE with always fantastic comment and friendly words, you was a very great friend we be missing you.
Goodbye my friend,
John Maenhout
Old 04-22-2006, 10:27 AM
TE Expert

Je suis sous le choc ! La nouvelle est si surprenante et inattendue que pour m'en convraicre il m'a fallu utiliser la traduction automatique ... mais si, j'avais bien compris, notre ami Fernando nous a quitt !
Je ne l'avais jamais rencontr, jamais 馗hang de mail perso et pourtant ... en apprenant cette nouvelle je suis attrist comme s'il s'agissait d'un ami proche.
C'est bien l que l'on s'aper輟it de la force de cette communaut d'馗hanges amicaux qu'est TE pour nous tous, fid鑞es membres ...
Puisque que nous n'馗hangerons plus r馮uli鑽ement des commentaires propos de nos photos, sache mon ami Fernando que nous n'oublierons pas les tiennes, tes notes explicatives ainsi que tes critiques toujours sympathiques et enthousiastes.
Nos pens馥s et nos condol饌nces vont bien sr vers tes proches et ta famille.
Au revoir Fernando, vraiment on ne t'oubliera pas ...
Sinc鑽ement.
Jean.