Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-12-2005, 06:17 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: humour me...

Ho Claude u right i love Brigitte Fontaine ;o)
and also do you know this album LHASA la llorona i think her first one
Old 04-12-2005, 06:18 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: photo + mp3

we have the possibility t add WS and/or LP version of a photo, why not a 200kb MP3 for the background sound ????
;-D)))
Giorgio
Old 04-12-2005, 06:20 PM
TE Senior Member

I have it too.. 4 years old now..
And also susheela raman, but don't have it here with me..
I have got all her albums.
stuff i listened too 2- 3 years ago..

le truc c'est que je ne supporte pas la pop anglo...
je n'馗oute d'ailleurs rien en Anglais..franchouillard...
j'馗ris 軋 en Fran軋is
Old 04-12-2005, 06:22 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: photo + mp3

i do some link sometime
but i love this idea so Muuch ;o))))) Giorgio or also some sound from the place we took the pics
i have some video from the palce i took picture ;o)) yes yes good idea
Old 04-12-2005, 06:27 PM
TE Expert

Default Giorgio

I did once request to Adam to allow us to attach a sound file to each picture so we can talk, put music or whatever ambient sound to enricher TE experience!

K.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:35 PM
TE Senior Member

I forgot
a great man
Paolo Conte.. so many good albums..
Old 04-12-2005, 06:40 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Kikvel

well, the problems are perhaps related to copyright questions for the music, but not for ambient sounds (or voice)
But perhaps we are answer too much at the courtesy of Adam!
Old 04-12-2005, 06:46 PM
TE Expert

haha claude i think i was being very subjective there.. so a disagreement is not an issue :)

the thing is that i've always found bollywood music crap. really disgusting
and the problem that i find with indian classical vocal music is that
in school since i was 12 or so till i was 17, it was compulsory for us to attend all the spicmacay concerts..held at school and it was a real torture..

tried everytime to get myself admitted in the school hospital so that i wouldn't have to attend, but there were too many other students who'd have themselves admitted much before me, so the hospital would run out of space..
it was later discovered by the school authorities and things got quite strict, so we had to attend these concerts

there was a time when sonal mansingh stopped in the middle of her dance and screamed at some of the boys for having fallen asleep.
in the calssical vocal partthe screaming ragas made us feel like someone had just died or something.. so never enjoyed any of it

so having been subjected at all this at a very young age, i now always keep away from it. i think if i'm much older, maybe i'll enjoy all this more.

but i do like indian instrumental music once in a while
the sitar, the sarod, and ooooh the jal tarang(water-xylophone) is one of the sweetest instruments i've heard

but thats about it.. i won't go out of my way to listen to any of it
Old 04-12-2005, 06:51 PM
TE Expert

Default Adam your pending points.... ;)

This is just a copy/paste of what I wrote once at Jose Elias` thread about adding a birthday feature...

"
Just to make a summary...(not your pending points ;) )

- Birthday addition.
- Bigger notes window.
- Preview of the notes together with the thumbnails.
- Maybe with thumbnails info just putting the nickname of the TE member and not his points (not to distract from the initial impulse to click on the thumbnail). Maybe Not putting the nickname at all! Only a preview of the notes...This WOULD BE GREAT!!!

- Possibility to add an audio file to the notes. A short one maybe photographers voice. This would also be great to know each other better. To listen to the sounds of the environment...And not everyone will do this, so I guess the bandwidht will not be TOO affected.

- I have many more but I just started out with these. A strong hug dear Adam, keep doing your nice work! "

Yes Giorgio, you are right maybe we are asking too much to Adam, but Te is getting better with time,

K.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:55 PM
TE Senior Member

hi Sohrab..
I might be able to understand that. I do like Pakistani music too. I love Nusrat ... unbelievale man.. Too bad he died.
I am just allergic to Anglo pop.. I started to develop that at a young age..please don't laugh!!
when I didn't understand English and we had to have English or American songs on the radio.
Couldn't believe we had to listen to it on "our" radio, while in those countries they don't listen to anything else but their stuff..
So I cut myself out of the anglo world, apart from Irish music I really enjoy a lot..
And discovered Carnatic music, my favorite..Dont' tell me you don't like Ramnad Krishnan!!