Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-17-2005, 03:06 PM
TE Expert

Default IMPORTANT - QUESTIONS OF THE 1ST TASK ASSIGN. HERE PLEASE

Just to keep only one post, everything should be answered here.

First one: SIZE
WHAT DO I CONSIDER HERE

1st Case) if you did not crop it, the original file size, like: 2000px x 1500 px

2nd Case)
But if you made a crop, the original crop size like

1780x1450

without considering TE resizing for uploading

CESAR
Old 08-17-2005, 04:09 PM
TE Expert

Default IMPORTANT - QUESTIONS OF THE 1ST TASK ASSIGN. HERE PLEASE

Another parameters that should taken in to accounts, it's the DPI (Dot per inch).

Somehow, right DPI depend of what uses your gonna do of the picture, for example 72 dpi is fairly enough for a picture that will only be display on a screen. But for picture that must be printed the minimum required is 300 dpi. Now I'm sure that now you can guess how this will affect the size of picture.
With my sony camera I can get picture 3264x2448 pixels which will give a size of (3264/300)x(2448/300)= 10,88 x 8,16 inches or 27,63 x 20,72 cm when printed. This is 8 Mp camera and this not even A4 that I can get from it.

This just to show that DPI should not taken lightly as some picture might become the size of a stamp when printed (there are solution to expand a picture but they either quality destrutive or very expensive)
Old 08-17-2005, 04:10 PM
TE Expert

Default more questions...

Title of the pictures? Can they be changed?: YES. Feel free to do this.

FORMAT: JPEG, RAW, TIFF, ETC...mainly this please.

URL: means the original TE posting web page.

Copyright: Yes or No answer. It should be YES. It is just a declaration you onw the copyright of the photo.

How long can be a story? Try to fit in half a page. This story will accompany a picture, all of them in a page of the book.

Cesar
Old 08-18-2005, 01:26 PM
TE Newbie

Default some questions

i have 3 questions.

1. In the questionaire, in the url field of each photo, should i link to the TE location of the pic, or am i supposed to upload the full sized one (to be used in the book) and link to there?

2. How do i withdraw or change a photo from a theme (i already mailed Malopes, the owner of the theme, i hope thats the right way to do it)

3. Why do i need to fill in my passport number? :)

thanks. Dylan
Old 08-18-2005, 06:55 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: IMPORTANT -

Hi Romain

thanks for your interesting comment
right now, we are not thinking in doing too large prints, more pictures included and smaller in size
that is the trend

regards;

Cesar
Old 08-22-2005, 02:10 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: more questions...

Hi Cesar, one more question :

When i start writing a story ( probably notes) for a picture ( or may be for the main/first picture ) Other photos may not have the same theme of the same story .. How to go about it..

Shall I write the story/notes only for the first picture ?

Other will go just without the notes/story ??

Or For the first Picture there is a small description and for rest others only a good title ??
Old 08-22-2005, 03:46 AM
TE Expert

Default story/notes

Hi sandip:

The photo selected by you as a first choice is supposed to be acompannied by an interesting story, that will be probably included in the book, the other photos which will also be included may appear in smaller sizes and they will have a title and a few lines of text...

Space is gold within the book, two pages for everyone to fit photos/intro/story/notes

regards;

Cesar
Old 08-22-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: IMPORTANT - QUESTIONS OF THE 1ST TASK ASSIGN. HERE PLEAS

Romain, AFAIK DPI is only relevant if you haven't specified the dimensions in pixels.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:23 AM
TE Expert

Default RE: QUESTIONS OF THE 1ST TASK ASSIGN

Hola Cesar,

I admire all the work the book team puts in for the book!

Two question about the first task:

1.Why is there the need to ask the participators to provide their pasport/ID numbers? I don't het this question often.
2.In the process you're gonna accumulate quit a lot of personal information about the participating TE members. Maybe a statement about privacy and the use of information would be in order here.

Best regards,
Bert.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:31 PM
TE Newbie

Default further clarification on size needed

Hi Cesar,
Sorry for bothering you but I need a further clarification on size :o)
In the questionnaire and the initial minimum requirements you mentioned minimum 1MB and here 2000px-1500px (1780px 1450px if cropped). Should the photos comply with both criteria? Or at least one of them?
And what about our analog photos? Are we expected to provide a scanned version of the same size as for digital photos?
And just a last one, what if one of the photos we've suggested is smaller (eg 1600-1200) but we don't consider to post it as our main one? Could this photo be considered as its printed size will be small anyway or we should withdraw it and replace it?
Many thanks for your reply and, as well, for all your efforts for the realisation of our project :o)
Ili (iliannak)