Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great sotirios 2005-09-14 1:46

Very nice photo, i have a question, where the lights that light the building low enough or it was you with your camera that gave the corect light? In my my place we have a castle that is lighted at night but the light is too bright

Old 09-14-2005, 01:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To sotirios: Thanks

Hi Sotiris,

First of all it's an indirect lighting compared to my position which made it possible to prevent an overlighting problem. It was taken by f:3,1 and 2 seconds shutter speed which under those conditions were the optimal values. So, i admit that camera helped much to take this photo. As for the castle in your place, what i suggest is to find a proper point first, and then try to take the picture with tripod and a faster shutter speed (let's say 1"-1,5" and try it with some different shutter speeds too to find the optimal lighting. I guess "S" mode if there is any in your camera would help you take that picture in a good way (it is very influential other than producing some noise, which you can easily get rid off by some programs like Neat Image etc.) .

Hope you can take a nice photo of that castle and upload it to TE.

Take care,

Aziz
Old 09-14-2005, 03:07 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To sotirios: Thanks

thanks a lot for the usefull advise i will try it as soon as i get my new camera cause the one i have is extremely old (coolpix2100). That won't be long (a couple of weeks). Thanks again