Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great alaskawolf1980 2007-02-16 20:22

After you wrote a comment to my second photo here on trekearth, I checked your photos. This one here, is my absolute favorite of all your photos. First of all, the clouds at the mountain looks dramatically. Second the sharpness is very good. But the most important thing in my opinion are the trees in the vally. Without these there would be a lack of feeling how wide this valley really is to the mountain.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:47 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To alaskawolf1980: Favorite

Hi Christian... This is also one of my favorite as well.. enough so that I had it printed at 30x20 inches and proffesionally framed. It was the first time I had anything printed that large and am extremely impressed with the result.

You are dead on (in my opinion) about the trees adding a sense of scale. I estimated that it was about 20 miles across the valley to the glacier. Alaska is such a big place that it is seldom we who live in more heavily populated areas can really appreciate the distance without manmade landmarks. I love it there.. and am returning this summer for another visit.