To sabyasachi1212: photos about nothing - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great sabyasachi1212 2007-05-18 12:57

Hi Luko,
A very common scene from the Indian market, it can be anywhere - Pondi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai or Delhi. Places where western tourists would get excited but we are used to these daily life patterns would find nothing exciting about it. What's the big deal, I would normally say, its our next door grocer shop. But not on this occasion. Aesthitically, there is something magnetic about this image, I could not ignore, the postioning of the boy and the girl, their body language. Technically, I can see you have pushed up the ISO looking for a steadier speed. I am using 400D myself and love the result you have got in the low light. Excellent work overall.
With Greetings from India
Sabyasachi

Old 05-18-2007, 08:12 PM
TE Expert

Default To sabyasachi1212: photos about nothing

Hi Sabyasachi,
Thanks for taling the time to comment on my pic.

Of course there's nothing very exciting about the location, but what's the glory of "street photo" if not making sense about everyday scenes, I ask you? ;D
I usually go to markets to see what people are living on, this is where the source of everyday life is but I must admit I often disappointed with my photo results.. hence i take less and less photos in these locations, sometimes a good surprize coming out of the blue...

I had three shots of this scene because the woman was very quick moving, fortunately she stayed there and didn't look directly at me during the time I shot, two of them are blurred since the speed is still low despite the ISO seetings I bumped up. This is the third one.

Cheers
Luko