To ninadev: hello nina, - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ninadev 2005-03-04 13:45

Fantastic shot... how far were you from the subject ?
I wonder when I see these kind of shots why they even mind to broom the ground outisde their homes when all it does is to move the dust around which fall on the the furniture.
But for the sake of photographers, I just hope they continue to do it..
Wonderful capture of light and perfect composition, I really like that we see the door of the house in the background.

Old 03-04-2005, 08:54 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To ninadev: hello nina,

Thanks so much for your nice comments, and as you said so well we always laugh when looking at the way she is just removing dust from part to the other.

Now, you asked me how far I was, probably 3o meters
perhaps slightly less.. I remember that it was a MUST to use a tripod with my 75-200 zoom lens at the farthest, and a low time exposure: I could take only 2 exposures, she changed her posture later and the dust also disappeared.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:41 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To ninadev: hello nina,

Re: dust settling back--> yes, you certainly have some point, but they usually sprinkle water before and after the sweep, and they do clean mop the furniture (whatever little they have) afterward. The question is what can they substitute this activity with? If you do not sweep, the situation is worse.

The problem you raise is very similar to the problem we have in western countries with carpet vacuuming. If you expose a microbiological culture plate in a room for a few minute before and after vacuuming, you will find more airborne bacteria after the vacuuming. In fact, this used to be a part of a regular microbiology lab exercise in 1979/80 at Monash Medical School where I taught for two years.