Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great InasiaJones 2011-07-19 22:56

Hi Erdem,

I know where you were standing and it's a fresh presentation you are showing of Angkor Wat, with a kid instead of a monk.

While everything seems fairly sharp, I think it's funny to see how razor-sharp is the bubble, like if you would have focus on it. Facial expression reveals a genuine fun and innocence despite her advanced age - or so it seems.

Appropriate light, good timing, spontaneous moment.

Cheers!

Andr

Old 07-20-2011, 07:12 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To InasiaJones: Strong light

Thank you Andr, I'm glad you liked it.

Angkor, despite that I saw many pictures before my visit, simply seduced me. I completely lost the notion of time there, spent probably 3 hours running from one corner to the next. The funny part is that I realized later I shot very few pictures of the arhcitectural aspects of this marvelous edifice, instead I seem to have spent my time taking pictures of children playing, men and women cutting grass, or monks praying.

Here, I didn't apply local sharpnening, I must have focused on the ball, as you have rightly guessed.

During our travel across Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia, in Sept-Oct 2007, my biggest problem was related to the strong light which made exposure a hard task. I wish I had used some gradual filter and reflector on the sites.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Erdem