写真

Photographer's Note

wikipedia
TOR SAN LORENZO
La torre, situata nella zona balneare della omonima frazione, prende il nome dalla chiesa paleocristiana dedicata al santo in prossimit della quale fu costruita, sotto la richiesta della famiglia Caffarelli, propietari della tenuta circostante e della Chiesa di S.Lorenzo, nel 1570 circa su disegno di Michelangelo Buonarroti per difendere il territorio dalle incursioni dei corsari turchi. Per la sua monumentale bellezza fu denominata dagli stessi turchi "La Pomposa".
Situata ad un centinaio di metri dal mare, in un contesto costituito da un tomboleto con un complesso di dune alte fino a dieci metri ricoperte da una fitta macchia mediterranea, la torre faceva parte di un imponente sistema difensivo formato da quattordici torri lungo tutto il litorale laziale.
Alta oltre trenta metri e di forma quadrata aveva sulla sommit la piazza d'armi. Ad essa si accedeva tramite una rampa gradinata in muratura che si arrestava a circa due metri dal portale d'ingresso. Il vuoto era superato da un ponte levatoio manovrato dall'interno della torre. Danneggiata durante l'ultima guerra, fu sottoposta ad un primo restauro. ネ ora in attesa di una definitiva sistemazione per renderla fruibile.

a piece of sea controlled from the tower



TRANSLATE WITH BABEL FISH, FROM WIKIPEDIA
The tower, situated in the bathing zone of omonima the fraction, takes the name from the paleocristiana church dedicated to the saint in proximity of which it was constructed, under the demand for the Caffarelli family, propietari of the surrounding estate and the Church of S.Lorenzo, in 1570 approximately on design of Michelangelo Buonarroti in order defending the territory from the incursions of the Turkish corsari. For its monumental beauty the Pomposa was called from the same Turks "". Situated to a hundred of meters from the sea, in a context constituted from a tomboleto with a high dune complex until ten meters covered from a driven in Mediterranean spot, the tower made part of an imposing arranges defensive long format from fourteen towers all the Latium shoreline. High beyond thirty meters and of square shape it had on the top the public square of crews. To it it was approached through a rampa gradinata in masonry that was arrested to approximately two meters from the portale of income. The empty one was exceeded from a maneuvered bridge levatoio from the inside of the tower. Damaged during the last war, she was subordinate to a first restoration. It is hour in attended of one definitive sistemazione in order to render it fruibile.

Photo Information
Viewed: 6551
Points: 34
Discussions
Additional Photos by Giorgio Clementi (Clementi) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 3694 W: 437 N: 9370] (52514)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH