Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good jiherka 2005-09-05 17:34

Nice idea... But I'm not able to see the 3d effect... How?
Please help me.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:11 PM
TE Newbie

Default To jiherka: a 3D photo

HI, Jacques.
Thanks for viewing my Stratford photograph. To see the three dimensional effect, it simply means that you make your left eye look at one picture and your right eye look at the other picture. Since you're using your computer, look at it normally and then allow your eyes to become "lazy" and turn them inwards so that the images move and slide together. When you have brought the left and right side to the center the effect will be 3-D. Many people do this almost instinctively, but a few can't seem to focus (or de-focus) enough. If you download it, have some others try it. 3-D viewing has been around ever since photography was invented in the 1830's. They would place a set of stereo prints on a holder about 12 inches in front of the eyes and have a 3D scene. It would be b&w but many photos back then were hand tinted or colored. Curio shops and antique dealers and museums have these items. The best 3D is by using dual slides in a specific viewer. As for "normal" photography, we think of a picture as two dimensions but the human eye sees in three dimensions (height, width, and depth). Keep me posted - I'd be pleased to help you further. Now I'm going to look at your pictures! JOE