Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jmdias 2022-04-27 9:33

mariusz

I hate bargain! I usually avoid to buy things in this system and when people try to discover what would be my original language I try to escape, because this is the door of the trap. haha.
once a woman in a big brazilian city wanted to give me a ribbon to give me good luck. I didn't accepted and she said: don't be bad with me ! it is for free ! only a a gesture of welcome from me to you.--- I became ashamed and give her my hand, she begun to tie the ribbon and said: now you accepted my ribbon I would like you buy me something... ---- I took off the ribbon and gave her back and said bye...
I liked the sample of local architecture, there is a touch of 1950's popular architecture here.

take care

jorge

Old 04-27-2022, 04:44 PM
TE Expert

Default To jmdias: free stuff

Hi Jorge,
Yes it is even more pronounced when I am with a child. They are giving a child something "free" like a bracelet. Once they gave a bracelet to my daughter in Athens saying that they have an African festival down the road ha ha, but they tied it up so well I was not able to take it off immediately. But it was a good learning for my daughter, she is more vigilant about it now...
M