Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement sharizadel 2005-07-19 15:27

I think the iron bars in the foreground are useless in this shot. They dont give nothing to the composition but are an element of disturbance. I think less space to the sea and more space to the sky, would have given to this photo more meaning and atmosphere.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:01 AM
TE Newbie

Default To sayzey: stock of images

I wish!! I have quite a few but many of my images are on film and it takes time to scan negatives and slides. I do keep promising myself that one day when I am not so busy I will digitise my stock, but I never seem to have the time. I have been digital for a few years now and that makes it easier but I still have DVDs which I haven't even started to sort yet. Since becoming involved with Trek Earth I have tried to periodically look at some images and prepare a few in readiness. Perhaps if I am a member long enough I will eventually sort out all the files. Many of my images though don't readilly fit the picturesque type I am usually drawn to the more unusual image. I have been acused of likeing things which are old and decrepid, but with plenty of texture or drama. I like to make a veiwer work at looking at an image, rather than just presenting the view. If we ever catch up remind me to tell you the story of a picture I made of oranges, and that may explain where I am coming from. Thanks for enjoying the images I will try to keep them coming.

Anne

Bye the way yes it was very cold.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:22 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To sayzey: stock of images

Digital is the way forward! Certainly more convenient than lots of negatives I woudl imagine, even from the point of view of selecting copies from holiday photos from negatives, I can imagine that looking for photos you coudl post through negatives from years of work woudl be painstaking!

I for one like your paticular "style" and it woudl be great if you kept them coming!