Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement RADEEH 2006-03-18 20:05

This shot and the note spreads some more apprehensions in to the society which already have enough towards different communities.We want to forget things, not to remember all the bad things happened. I think i will be happy if you edit that note at least. This is sensational in a negative way.
The shot with out the note is an excellent view of some people having a nice chat in a relaxed way in a street corner.The capture has good depth, the framing tells some story.
If iam wrong please comment back

Old 03-19-2006, 04:27 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To RADEEH: apprehensions...

I'm sorry Radeeh,

I disagree...I do not think we should forget anything.

I think you are missing my point behind the picture...The British media has gone full-circle now and is showing the point of view of youngsters such as these, whereas before, they were being blamed for a lot of things. They have faced much negativity over the past years and it is tme for them to stop being paranoid and afraid of being judged. They, just like any British citizen, living in a democracy has the right to be photographed without prejudice. Of course, they have the right not to be photographed, but it is something to be looked at closely. I am not saying that they do not want to be photographed because they have something to hide...I feel that they are worried that they will be portrayed with negativity. They need to come forward and let themselves be heard once again. Segregation is a bad bad thing...I feel that this situation is very destructive and I would like to see more young muslim brits in the media to act as speakers for their communities.

There is no right and wrong in this picture, though I know it is bound to raise a few questions...To be honest, I dont actually know what I ho achieve from this series...I am sure I will learn something however. I see why the note could have been taken badly, so I have made a small edit...let me know if its still seems negative.

Thanks, Kajal
Old 03-19-2006, 05:15 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To RADEEH: apprehensions...

Hi Kajal
I have no problem with the shot. A very intersting street view. But the problem is the relation you brings with a community and the area in which they stay to crime.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:53 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To RADEEH: apprehensions...

Radeeh,

Please read the full note...Highfields USED to be an area of crime...

Kajal