Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Aida 2006-04-19 19:01

Hi Brian!
I don't know how I miss this photo...
Ir's great. It's really wonderful.
Nice Job. May I ask what you felt when you take this photo. Seems a Theme so deep and spiritual.

Kisses
Aida

Old 04-22-2006, 11:16 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Aida: holy light

Hi Aida,
Many thanks for your comments, I'm pleased you like the photo!
I spent over an hour in the cathedral on this day. When I arrived it had just opened, and at first none of the candles were lit. But there was an old lady going around all of the little side chapels lighting them all. (I have a photo of her but it's a bit blurred because it was so dark so I won't post it here - but there is another one of two people praying in front of them earlier in my gallery.)
This photo is still not as sharp as it should be, but I loved the contrast of the light coming through the colourful window and the warm soft light from the candles.
Lighting candles or incense sticks is such a symbolic, meaningful thing to do, don't you think? It is a gesture of such faith and hope.
So when the lady had lit these candles, and before others came to pray, I knelt down in front of them and took this photo. My gesture was perhaps to take a photograph of the candles instead of lighting one?
Best wishes
Brian