Notices

Great robiuk 2008-08-25 14:41

Hi Luko,
I like geometrics in this frame as it just kicks you in the
eye as soon as you open the thumbnail. Moreover, the people's
moving from light to shadow works as a metphor for your
saying "... and here now comes the spectrum of a long
dark autumn and winter."

... wonder what I'm gonna make of Portugal next month...
Cheers,
Robi
PS. Hope you feel better...

Old 08-29-2008, 11:08 PM
TE Expert

Default To robiuk: Portugal next month?

"wonder what I'm gonna make of Portugal next month..."
well, I won't poop in the party, Robi...
I'll let you discover what you could do, I just hope for you northern Europe will be home instead of invading the portuguese streets.
Definitely not a trip that will stay high on my list.

Luko
Old 08-29-2008, 11:27 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To robiuk: Portugal next month?

ha-ha-ha...
I'm not staying for too long - I mean, not long enough to feel the people and the country. I'm only visiting my dear friends and will be staying with them for a couple of days.
My main holiday will be in Spain, just doing things I like - grilling some nice fish, enjoying the climate and people, driving around and exploring new places... lazy and indulging.

Robi
Old 08-29-2008, 11:47 PM
TE Expert

Right.
In this respect, I definitely prefer Spain to Portugal. Less road kills (drivers make life so stressful in Portugal) or maybe because spaniards take things more lighthandly, especially at tapeo time. I was 10 days in Andalucia before going to Portugal : I really like Seville.

Luko
Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 PM
TE Expert

Andalucia is a real gem. Actually, that's where our little hut is and where I spend my holidays. Far away from commercial tourism, noise and foreign people (and you know how many foreigners are there in Spain!).
Haven't been to Seville, though - but plan to stop by on the way back from Lisboa.
;-D

Robi
Old 08-30-2008, 12:32 AM
TE Expert

Ok, where exactly are you in Andalucia?
I've been driving all around from Cordoba to Granada and back to Seville through Ronda and Arcos. There are lots of nice places indeed... but hell it was hot in the afternoon!
Luko
Old 08-30-2008, 01:35 AM
TE Expert

Castell de Ferro - and here is the map view.

If you drove south-east from Granada you would get to an area I'm most familiar with - a vast National Park Sierra Nevada and up north to Guadix and La Calahorra...

...actually the whole area between A-44 (motorway from Granada heading down to the coast), the coastal part from Salobrena to Almeria, then follow the A-92 motorway from Almeria up north/north-west back to Granada.

Also, north of Granada are three beautiful towns well worth visiting, if not even staying overnight: Jaen, Baeza and Ubeda (<a href"http://tinyurl.com/679cwc">map</a>). Try to find some info and photos on the Internet on these three places - I'm sure you'll find something to give you a rough idea.

Now, time to bed as I need to be up at 6 o'clock for work!
:-(

Catch you later,

Robi
Old 08-30-2008, 01:47 AM
TE Expert

Hope the second link works in this REPEATED reply! Sorry, seems like I'm too tired at the moment and can't focus properly...

Castell de Ferro - and here is the map view.

If you drove south-east from Granada you would get to an area I'm most familiar with - a vast National Park Sierra Nevada and up north to Guadix and La Calahorra...

...actually the whole area between A-44 (motorway from Granada heading down to the coast), the coastal part from Salobrena to Almeria, then follow the A-92 motorway from Almeria up north/north-west back to Granada.

Also, north of Granada are three beautiful towns well worth visiting, if not even staying overnight: Jaen, Baeza and Ubeda (map). Try to find some info and photos on the Internet on these three places - I'm sure you'll find something to give you a rough idea.

Now, time to bed as I need to be up at 6 o'clock for work!
:-(

Catch you later,

Robi
Old 08-30-2008, 02:13 PM
TE Expert

Ok, I see now. the furthest east I went in Andalucia was Granada and didn't malke it towards the Alpujarras and the likes. I didn't want to venture on the coast either where I suspected the density of tourists was maximal.

I considered Jaen province and Ubeda but it seemed on a map too far up north and really really too hot and dry... hence I stayed mostly in the Cordoba/Granada/Arcos triangle. Ronda area and the villages around impressed me landscape wise.

Luko
Old 08-30-2008, 03:46 PM
TE Expert

The area that you've explored is next on my list. I need to gather information on certain places and make some sort of a plan where am I going to go, where am I going to stop overnight, because it's quite away from were we're stationed.
But yes, Spain is indeed an interesting country worth exploring - and besides, I like the mentality of Spanish people (what I've experienced so far).

So, I've heard you had an accident - broken bone or something? Did you have to be covered in plaster? (not a nice thing to be wrapped in in summer).

Get well,

Robi
Old 08-30-2008, 04:05 PM
TE Expert

nah... the broken bone in this thread belongs to Markoci, me, it's the brains.

To make it short, five months ago I started to have serious headache and double vision after an intensive sport session and a long haul flight. MRI said sub-dural haematomes, a neurosurgeon assessed he had to remove the excess blood in my skull, another one assumed I only had to drink lots of water and eat salt for two months to increase volume of my brain. I took the latter advice. Of course flying was forbidden.

As I didn't know when it should be cured, I limited my summer holidays to close countries. A week before teh start of my holidays, the brain scanner said I was completly cured and could take a rocket to the moon if I wished.. unfiortunately I had all my hotels booked and couln't revert to go to Fidji islands or Mexico for instance.