Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2020-07-06 12:52

Hello Bev,

Gosh, I was reading some critiques by others before writing this and I suddenly realised that Jean was thinking exactly the same as me - remembering Harry Worth waving an arm and a leg in a shop doorway and presenting an amusing reflection to the cameras!

Both of these photographs are a testament to your observational skills and also your ability in seeking out exactly the right viewpoint (I hate it when people write "point of view" because I've always believed that's something quite different - or maybe that's just my own personal point of view! Ha, ha.).

And then, of course, I'm wondering if, on this particular trip to Liverpool, you were accompanied by Rob Zwemmer who, together with his son, Lars, are both experts at finding marvellous reflections?

Anyway, no matter, these are two spectacular photographs, very well observed and very well taken with good light and colours, perfect exposure and excellent detail and clarity.

Brilliant!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:37 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: Twins

Thank you for your warm critique, John.

In answer to your question, this photograph was taken on a mini TE Get-together, when Len and I met up with Mike, Serghei and Mariusz, in 2016.
Rob and Annelies we池e moving quickly around the country on their tour. We saw them for one day in Manchester and then they moved.

That window feeder with no back looks interesting.
It would definitely be easier to photograph the birds.

Like you, I enjoy seeing the small birds. The larger birds are definitely excluded from these window feeders.

Kind regards,
Bev 😊