Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great fotka 2021-05-10 11:02

Hello Manisha,
You showed an interesting mountain panorama. The mountains in Kashmir look empty without any vegetation but in the higher parts, where there is snow, there are probably already rocks. The cloud over the mountains looks like someone has taken a brush and painted a white strip.
Well done panoramic photo in good quality.
Best regards,
Zbigniew

Old 05-11-2021, 04:21 AM
TE Newbie

Default To fotka: Nature's canvas--Leh Ladakh

Thanks Zbigniew

The heart of kashmir is really green But Leh Ladakh has a terrrain not suited for vegetation....It's a cold desert... except extremely small patches near the flowing river which supports some kind of local vegetation. Ladakh was not good in receiving rainfall earlier and even the local houses made of mud were designed to withstand snow but not rain.....In last few decades the climate change in this area has increased rainfall and changed its patterns now, which has made local life terrible....As most of the mountains contain large amount of mud, heavy rainfalls actually create havoc there. Infact during my visit some locals told me that they are not in favour of planting too much trees there as it increases the moisture content in air......

Manisha