写真

Photographer's Note

O Santu疵io de Bom Jesus de Matosinhos um conjunto arquitetnico e paisagstico formado por uma igreja, um adro e seis capelas anexas, localizado no municpio brasileiro de Congonhas, estado de Minas Gerais.

A igreja um importante exemplar da arquitetura colonial brasileira, com uma rica decora鈬o interna em talha dourada e pinturas. O adro ornado com doze est疸uas de profetas em pedra-sab縊 e as capelas cont麥 grupos escultricos em madeira policromada que representam passos da Paix縊 de Cristo, est疸uas criadas pelo Aleijadinho e seus assistentes. Outros artistas de gabarito participaram nas obras de constru鈬o e decora鈬o, entre eles Francisco de Lima Cerqueira, Jo縊 Nepomuceno Correia e Castro e Mestre Atade. O conjunto foi construdo em v疵ias etapas entre 1757 e 1875.

Sua implanta鈬o cenogr畴ica e monumental, seguindo o modelo dos "sacro montes" europeus, n縊 tem paralelos no Brasil sua altura, e as capelas e o adro abrigam a parte mais relevante do legado escultrico do Aleijadinho. Tornou-se um cone do Barroco brasileiro e do estado de Minas Gerais, e uma grande atra鈬o turstica. Devido sua superior import穗cia histrica, social e artstica, o conjunto foi tombado em 1939 como patrimnio histrico nacional pelo SPHAN, atual Instituto do Patrimnio Histrico e Artstico Nacional (IPHAN), e foi declarado Patrimnio da Humanidade pela UNESCO em 1985.

The Sanctuary of Bom Jesus de Matosinhos is an architectural complex consisting of a church, a churchyard and six annexed chapels, located in the Brazilian city of Congonhas, Minas Gerais state.

The church is an important example of colonial architecture, with a rich interior decoration in gold and paintings carvings. The churchyard is decorated with twelve statues of prophets in soapstone and chapels contain sculptural groups in polychrome wood representing steps of the Passion of Christ, statues created by Aleijadinho and his assistants. Other feedback artists participated in the construction and decoration, including Francisco de Lima Cerqueira, Jo縊 Nepomuceno Correia e Castro and Master Athayde. The set was built in several stages between 1757 and 1875.

His scenic and monumental deployment, following the model of "sacred mountains" Europe has no parallel in Brazil to its height, and the chapels and forecourt house the most relevant part of the sculptural heritage of Aleijadinho. It became a Brazilian Baroque icon and the state of Minas Gerais, and a major tourist attraction. Due to its superior historical, social and artistic, the set was listed in 1939 as a national heritage by SPHAN, current Institute of National Historical and Artistic Heritage (IPHAN), and was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985.

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D700
Software: Ver.1.02
Exposure Time: 1/50
F-Stop: f/16.0
ISO Speed Ratings: 200
Focal Length: 35 mm
Date Taken: 2014-10-09 14:20
Metering Mode: Pattern

dale54, lucasgalodoido, adramad has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 2042
Points: 22
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Ricardo Rodrigues (ricardomattos) Gold Star Critiquer/Silver Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1349 W: 14 N: 3474] (17408)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH